Tuesday, February 10, 2015

This Poem Is For YOU

I found this poem amidst the piles of papers I keep stashed about the house. I seem to remember writing an improved version of this but I can't find it. If I do, I'll share it. 

I believe in you
Yes, you.
I know who you are
Because I am you too.

I believe you can be what you desire to be
And that what you most desire is both noble and true.
I know this is real because I believe in me too.

We are all rays of the same sun
Tracing ourselves back to the only One.
Travel how we might, we can’t escape our source
Though shame and shyness and embarrassment
Seek to rob us of our innocence
Innocence cannot die while we yet live.

This is the big yes,
The answer with no reasons
For reasons need reason
And reason can only reflect, not be.

Whoever, wherever, you are
Please believe it’s true
Please believe in me,
That I believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment